Darrington, WA, USA
Project Engineer for the Sauk River Bridge replacement for the Snohomish County Public Works Department, in Darrington, Washington State, USA. Performed conceptual level design of cable-stayed bridge alternative with unequal spans. Performed detailing and created cost estimates of cable-stayed bridge. Performed preliminary design of preferred two-span continuous truss bridge. Undertook extensive study of bridge demolition and construction scenarios and their environmental impacts to determine most likely methods to permit. This project has been awarded the following awards:
- Award of Excellence – Best County Project: Federal Highway Administration and Washington State Department of Transportation (2010)
- Prize Bridge Award, Merit Award – Iconic or Signature Bridge Category: National Steel Bridge Alliance (2009)
- Silver Award – Original or Innovative Application of New or Existing Tecnhiques: American Council of Engineering Companies (2010)
- Public Works Project of the Year: American Public Works Association, National Chapter (2010)
- Public Works Project of the Year: American Public Works Association, Washington Chapter (2010)
Client: Snohomish County, Washington, USA
Engineer and Architect: BergerABAM
Click here to read press release by design firm.
Images courtesy of Mowat Construction, Sicklesteel Cranes, and BergerABAM.